Book Name: The Smartest Giant in town
Age: After 3.5 years
Author: Julia Donaldson
- George is the scruffiest giant in the town, and he was wearing the same dress for a longer time.
- Once, he decided to get a new dress and bought a new smart shirt, trousers, belt, pair of diamond design socks, tie and shoes. He looks like “The smartest giant in town.”
- He left his old clothes behind the store.
- On his way back home, he saw a sad giraffe.
- As the giraffe was feeling cold, he gave his tie to be a scarf on its neck.
- He then gave his shirt as a “Sail for the goat,” shoes to the “homeless rats,” socks as a “bed for the fox,” and belt to the “dog to cross the bog.”
- He was shivering without a shirt, and his trousers were coming down. He went to the shop to buy new clothes, but it was closed.
- Then he found his old clothes behind the shop, he wore it and went to his home.
- Outside the home, stood all those animals with a big present.
- Inside he found a “wonderful crown and a letter,” mentioning “The kindest giant in the town.”
My Take on this story:
Be kind and helpful to others all the time. It is a great life lesson which we need to pass on to next generation.