Identification of own name
Hearing our name always gives us a fantastic feel. Kids always admire their names whenever they listen to it somewhere. How about understanding and recognizing the same. Is it awesome, right? Yes, my daughter always loves her name, and so I want to introduce this name recognition activity. Though she recognizes and spells the name, she was not aware of the sequence order. So, we did some DIY activities to understands it. As the name is a little short, it is quite simple for her to understand it very well soon.
Have a look at some of our DIY name recognition activities for preschoolers.
1.Cut and Glue game
Please click here to purchase the item
2.Building blocks and magnetic tiles
Please check here for purchase option
Other simple play ideas for name recognition activities are.
- Letter hunt- Make a sensory bin and hide the letters inside them. Let the child find and arrange the letters in order.
- Form the name with play dough- Ask the child to make the letters in the play dough and arrange it.
- Cloth pin name recognition – Write the individual letters on a piece of paper and ask the child to pin them using cloth pin.
- Cut and glue.- Write the name and ask the child to cut the letters into individual pieces. Let them paste the letters in order using the glue.
- Salt painting name recognition-Write the name on a piece of paper.Ask the child to mark glue as an outline over the name by reading aloud the letters.Sprinkle salt over the name and drop the watercolor using droplets.