This post contains affiliate link. If any sale happens through the link i get a part as commission without any extra charge to the buyer.
Is your baby pulling your hair?then he/she is ready for the next developmental activity of strengthening their hand muscles. The most valued fine motor skills are finger movements as we use that small part for doing much work in our life like writing, typing, drawing, holding things, tie a knot, and whatnot. For every other movement, we need proper and strong finger muscles.
Along with grabbing objects, shaking a rattle, pulling is one of the great fine motor activity which the baby tend to develop on their own.Let’s look into some of the pulling activities for infants, which helps in the development of fine motor skills. Babies show the readiness of pulling on their own ( Check for pulling your hair, pulling any cloth, toy, etc.). We can set up a few activities to encourage interest.
Grabbing is taking out an object without any hindrance. But pulling is done with some obstacle. Babies need to give little force to get the work done.
Activity Id :5
Activity Name : Pulling objects
Benefits: Vision development ,sensorial development , fine motor development
Required age: After 8 months
Material needed: Colorful ribbons, stacking rings, fridge magnets , building blocks, cello tape, magnetic tiles.
✅Click here to buy the building blocks
I have my first kids building blocks and other toys. So i have reused the same. Buying these products are anyways going to be useful until the kids turns 4 or 5 years old. So , i highly recommend to get it.
Using Building blocks and ropes
- Paste the two corners of cello tape with any tape, by facing the sticky portion outside.
- Attach the building blocks, or any safe child material onto the cello tape. Let the child pull it and paste it back (sometimes they do it too).
It is a great activity to develop those tiny finger muscles.
- Attach stacking rings or any attractive child safe item to the end of the rope.
- Here I have attached them to a colorful ribbon.
- Paste it on a wall or door.
- Same building blocks and ropes.
- Tie it at different places inside the house. This is to attract the child and play.
- Let them pull and develop the finger muscles.
- I just love setting up these cute activities for their fine motor development.
✅Click here to buy the stacking rings
Using Fridge magnets:
- As the kitchen is the favorite spot for babies, prepare an activity in the kitchen itself.
- This is a self-initiated activity by him; yes, he has started to pull the magnets from the fridge and putting it back.
- It is a great activity to engage the child and encourage the development of finger muscles as well.
Other ways to encourage pulling.
Fill up different textured cloth inside the wipe cleaner box. Let the baby pull them out.
Always look for babies cue for activity. We don’t need to scratch our head to invent activities. Babies themselves shows perfect cues. Following them helps us to plan for activities. This is one such and hope you all enjoyed my post about pulling activity.
Thanks for reading through. Have good time with your babies