Thanks for being here. If you like the content, please drop a comment and share it with friends
Vehicles are one of the favorites toys for many kids, and the same with my kids too. Surprisingly both my preschooler and toddler are very much interested in vehicle play at present. They love to drive, travel in it, lots of pretend, and imaginary plays are going around at our place. Are you interested in looking at some of the activities we have played with vehicles? Please scroll down
Preschool vehicle theme activities
1.Understanding GPS/Maps for kids
2.Parking and learn numbers
3.Learn about usage of different vehicles
4.Vehicle activities for toddler
- We all aware as every other child is different, and not one activity fits the other. But, do we know why it is happening in that way? It’s all because of childhood schemas.
- Schemas are a specific pattern which the child follows in whatever work/play they do. And the child repeats the same action most of the time. If we observe the child, we can understand the schema that our child has falls in. Understanding our child’s pattern helps us create activities or provide any play unique to them and more interested. There are many childhood schemas, and my toddler falls under the positioning schema at present.
- Children in positioning schema love to arrange all the materials in some specific position, which eventually follows a unique pattern. For example, they love to put toys, vehicles, blocks, legos side by side or stack them in a specific way. For example, if you look into the picture my toddler is arranging the vehicles side by side, and I have noticed him doing the same with blocks, stones, etc. So I am trying to give him many loose materials that help him master his skill and explore various positions.
- Some children fall under one or more schemas or none as well. Have you observed your child’s pattern? Have you checked the schemas in which your child falls?
- If you haven’t done it, don’t worry about that. You can check it now. I haven’t checked these things with my first daughter, and I just did with my toddler now. Nothing is more important than showering unconditional love to the child. Don’t stress yourself by looking all over the internet. Please pick and follow whichever suits you and your family.
5.Vehicle theme Book recommendation
Planning and providing activities based on child’s interest helps them to explore more and learn everything so quickly. Along with these structured activities my kids are creating many free play with vehicles on their own and keeping themselves engaged.