Activity Name: Artwork
Benefits: Fine motor development , Imagination, Creativity,
Required age: As per kid’s interest
Material needed: Food colors, watercolor, crayons, sketch pens, color pencil, toothbrush, sponge, leaves, pom pom etc. , any available materials
I have kept all the art-related items on top of the shelf, so it is more visible for the kid to select.
- Along with the material have kept few coloring books as well, which can color with crayons, pencil etc.
- We can do stamping with many available materials. Here she used leaves.
Let the child paint on the leaves and stamp it over the paper.
- Other materials we can used for stamping are
- Spoons and forks.
- Cut Vegetable (lemon, lady’s finger, potato etc.)
- The next one is using Q-tip. I have mixed food colors with water and provided for coloring.
- Make the Q-tip as a bunch and ask the child to use it. We can use a single piece too
- For trees, she used her handprint and colored it with watercolors.
- She enjoyed this activity.
- Next, she did sponge painting.
- Dip the sponge in the food coloring mix and did the stamping.
- In the same way, we can dip pom pom and use it for coloring.