Introducing books at early age has significant effect on babies development. At the same time, selecting age-appropriate books helps the child to get more interest in reading. We can introduce any book even without considering the age appropriate list. But choosing the right books improves concentration and bonding more towards reading rather than overwhelmed.
Come, lets have a look at the list of age appropriate books for kids from the ocean of available books in market .
I have added purchase link for few books. If you click the book name it will automatically take you to amazon. If any purchase happens through the link, i will get a part as commission without any extra charge to the buyer.
- Cut out board books with bright colors. We read about animals, vehicles, Gods and Goddess.
- Busy little Bee.
- Where is baby’s belly button?
- First book of vegetables and Fruits.
- Rhymes book
- Sound books (Any topic)
- Books by Sandra Bounton
- Things that go Air and sea.
- Good Morning Chick! By Keith Faulker
- Dear zoo by Rod Campbell
- Naisha Series–This is one of the best paperback books for toddlers.
- Cut out board books of various topics. We read about different animals by Om KIDZ, Om Books International India
- Five little ducks Rhymes book by Wendy Straw
- Walking through the jungle by Julie Lacome
- My first book of safety.
- Sunshine fairy
- Snowman’s Party
- Ladybug girl dresses up.
- I love you grandpa kids book from amazon
- My grandma loves me kids book
- Penny goes to a party by Lynne Gibbs.
- Here come the Babies by Catherine and Laurence Anholt.
- Benny Series- It’s a series of books which talks about “Learning Social Skills”, “Emotional Skills”, “Talks about various countries”, “First Experience (School, Farm etc), “Learning about Environment”- This is definitely a good read.
- Farida Plans a feast– Pratham Publications.
- Starting School by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
- Lucky Duck by Jonathan Shipton and Suzanne Diederen.
- The very hungry caterpillar by Eric carle
- Voices Are Not for Yelling
Julia Donaldson Books.
Tulika Publications- India.
Pratham publications books for kids
- The Best house of all.
- Amma – How do you make ghee.
- Gappu can’t dance.
- The lion’s Howdah
- Anand by Rajiv Eipe
- My Friends
- Bow Meow Wow
- Gadbad das in No water for you
- My Home
- Chiu’s power
- Have you seen Sundari ? by Aindri
- Incredible Insects – A counting book by pratham publications
- All jumbled up by Neha Singh
- Animal Homes by Ashwitha Jayakumar
Karadi Tales - India
Space and Solar system.
- Peppa family reunion
- 5-minute peppa stories-PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BUY THE BOOK
- Color me Happy – Shen Roddie
- What colour is love? – Linda Strachan.
- The speaking cave and many Regional language story books from Manoj Publications.
- Looking after little Ellie- Dosh and Mike archer.
- Topsy+Tim go to the doctor.
- Disney Frozen 2 kids book
- Disney Princess – Belle’s friendship invention
- The Berenstain Bears and messy room
- The Berenstain Bears grandparents are great
- The Berenstain Bears story time collection- 10 beloved stories
- The berenstain bears love is kind
- The berenstain bears and the Mama’s day surprise
- Brown Baby Lullaby by Tameka fryer brown
- Daniel Tiger’s 5 minute stories
Human Body Books:
Animal /Bugs Books:
- All About Dinosaurs – Ann Winterbotham.
- Sunrise , Moonrise- Trishla Jain-PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ REVIEW AND PURCHASE OPTION
- Festivals of India – Wilco Publications, India
- Ramayana for kids.
- Daddy on the moon.
- Lost and found by Oliver Jeffers
- 321 Awesome! by Eva- Chen 20 fearless women
- The tale of the toilet by Veena Prasad
- Little kids first big book of science by Kathleen weidner zoehfeld
- Little kids firstig book of ocean by Cathrene D.Hughes
- All are welcome by Alexandra Penfold
- Big feelings by AlexandraPenfold
- Amanda and her alligator by Mo Willems
- ABC of kindness by Patricia Hegarty
- Weather book
- My mixed emotions